- 1/2 Cup Homemade Paleo Friendly Pesto
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb Ground Meat browned (if desired)
- 1 Container of pre-sliced Mushrooms
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out all seeds from the center.
- Place two halves cut side up in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cut side of the spaghetti squash. Make sure that it is coated evenly.
- Bake the two halves of the spaghetti squash for about an hour. The spaghetti squash is done when the outer edges start to turn golden brown.
- Once the spaghetti squash is baked. Allow to cool for several minutes.
8. Remove all of the "meat" from the spaghetti squash by using a fork. Separate the "spaghetti" from the skin of the spaghetti squash.
9. Place all "spaghetti" in a skillet along with your browned meat (if you desire).
10. Add pesto and stir.
11. Allow all ingredients to simmer together.
12. Add mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. You may also add other types of veggies.
13. Continue to simmer together for about 5 minutes.
You may substitute pesto for another sauce such as marinara. My husband is allergic to pesto so I make him his own special portion with marinara. It still tastes great! :) He also still eats grains occasionally, the bread rolls.